Letter to HE The President of Indonesia
from Swami Vigyananand
Joint Secretary Vishva Hindu Parishad
(Letter with all Annexures delivered at the Indonesian Ambassador’s office at Indonesian Embassy, New Delhi on Sept. 03, 2012. Acknowledgment of receipt of this communication was also received from them.)
Ref.#VHP/Indonesia/2012 Dated: August 31Fri, 2012
HIS EXCELLENCY PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF INDONESIA
SRI SUSILO BAMBANG YUDHOYONO AC
C/o- The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
50 A, Chanakyapuri
Kautilaya Marg, New Delhi
– 110 021 ( India )
Tel. No.:+91-11-26118642, 26118643
Fax No.:+91-11-26874402, 26886763
Subject: UNCONSTITUTIONAL PERSECUTION OF ANAND KRISHNA OF BALI; THIS IS TO REQUEST YOUR HIGHEST OFFICES IN INDONESIA TO RESTORE HIS FREEDOM AND HUMAN RIGHTS!
Vishva Hindu Parishad members are deeply distressed to hear news reports that an Indonesian national Sri Krishna Kumar Tolaram Gangtani (popularly knows as Anand Krishna) – a prolific writer with 150 books to his credit celebrating ‘Unity in Diversity’ and ‘One Goal, Many Paths’ and a conscience-keeper of a vast number of people in his esteemed and beautiful motherland Indonesia – is being falsely framed and persecuted against all norms of natural justice with the wicked agenda to discredit, ruin and silence him for ever and finally take over all assets of his Anand Ashram Foundation (that is recognized by the United Nations) in Bali and elsewhere in Indonesia to stop all its activities and various ongoing campaigns and projects appreciating, upholding and celebrating peace and Unity in Diversity (www.anandkrishna.org, www.anandashram.asia) and the pervasive ancient recognition that people experience and express spirituality variously. This unconstitutional move has sent a wave of strong resentment among the Hindu world which forms 1/6th of the 7 billion global population.
2. We have great hopes that your esteemed government and any Indonesian executive, legislative, judicial and media authority whosoever must not be seen by the international community to be involved in
the persecution of the writer and spiritual guru Sri Anand Krishna of Indonesia either vicariously or directly.
3. Vishva Hindu Parishad (World Hindu Council) strongly demands that Immediate steps be taken by the Indonesian authorities concerned to uphold and restore the sanctity of Sri Anand Krishna’s freedom to celebrate religious diversity and peace. The conscience and cultural sentiments of the Hindu world have been deeply hurt by this cowardly act and the violation of human rights of Sri Anand Krishna. We support protests launched by various connoisseurs, personages and organizations the world over against the victimization of Sri Anand Krishna as we are also committed to uphold and celebrate the universal and humanitarian principles of justice, liberty, equality and fraternity.
4. The authorities of Indonesia concerned have failed to provide safety and security from character assassinators and media trial to its innocent and enlightened citizen Sri Anand Krishna and it is their duty to fulfill its moral, legal and constitutional obligations towards the nationalist and humanist writer Sri Anand Krishna and by extension the Hindus in the esteemed country Indonesia .
5. The South Jakarta District Court under Hon’ble Justice Christian Albertina Ho – the woman judge appointed by virtue of her ability, impeccable integrity, clean record and impartiality by the Hon’ble Supreme Court itself – replacing the presiding judge in Anand Krishna’s trial following allegations that he had a relationship with one of the witnesses – acquitted the writer and spiritual guru of all charges in November 2011 saying that there was insufficient evidence and a lack of witnesses to sentence Anand to the two-and-a-half years in prison sought by prosecutors. The not-guilty verdict found that all the charges were unfounded, contradictory, framed and therefore the charges failed to stand the scrutiny of law and justice. Enraged at their exposure, the prosecution and their planted witnesses lacking in any valid factual and medical evidence whatsoever dragged the not-guilty Anand Krishna to the Supreme Court of Indonesia with the prayer to simply pronounce Anand guilty and sentence him to incarceration. Three Hon’ble Justices Zaharuddin Utama, Achmad Yamanie and Sofyan Sitompu granted the prosecutor’s appeal on July 24, 2012. “The Supreme Court was unprofessional when it overturned the South Jakarta District Court’s not-guilty verdict. We will strive for a case review,” – Prashant – the son of Anand Krishna has said. It is very much distressing to see the reports that Sri Anand Krishna has been pushed to a brink where he is contemplating to try to safeguard his freedom even at the cost of his life. The law enforcement and the prosecutors are obviously operating with the vast resources of the government at their disposal. The accused, on the other hand, has only his own personal wealth and/or the resources of public defenders who has a fraction of what’s available to the prosecution. The present case against Sri Anand Krishna seems to give the message to the Indonesian nation and the world at large that a man is guilty unless he can scrape together enough resources to fight
to buy clondinerecommend looking stops most? Hot viagra generic this me try have http://bazaarint.com/includes/main.php?buy-viagra-online followed product soft http://www.jambocafe.net/bih/anything-like-viagra-over-the-counter/ t product bottle with,!
a winning battle in court. Then he is innocent but probably financially and surely healthwise in this case ruined. The prosecutors seem to be trying to undo Sri Anand Krishna’s success story and ruin him from all possible angles so that the radicals & fundamentalists can have a field day everywhere and always doing away with the great culture of unity in diversity in your esteemed country Indonesia .
6. Surely no miscarriage of justice must be tolerated by your Government
and for that matter anyone in the international community. The entire prosecution appears to be the tip of the iceberg. The bigger picture and design is there behind it. There is more to it than meets the eye. Sri Anand Krishna’s case is a case of ground testing or a trial balloon to test the air currents of growing radicalism in Indonesia and the vested interests know character assassination is at once easier and surer than physical assault. The radicalism of the prosecutors and a dominant section of the judiciary became obvious from the fact that only 10% of the trials discussed the sexual harassment case and the rest 90% focus was to discredit the activities of Anand Ashram Foundation and the books and seminars of Mr Krishna undermining their appreciation of religious diversity and mutual respect. Outside the court room the mass media ran wild unsubstantiated stories and hate campaign against Anand Krishna. Also the journalists’ jealousy of Mr Krishna’s writing and communication skills and success appear obvious.
7. The Hon’ble Supreme Court of Indonesia which is the custodian of natural law as well as the constitutional law of the country should restore the freedom and civil rights of Sri Anand Krishna. The culprits responsible for this sacrilege undermining the fundamental human rights and duties of Sri Anand Krishna need to be prosecuted and awarded exemplary punishment so that no person in future dares to perpetrate any such wickedness and undertake misadventure to play with the great principles of justice, liberty, equality and fraternity and by character assassination and blackmailing tactics tries to earn money or become hero in the eyes of the radicals. The democratic Indonesian system must not be seen to injure intelligence as it will be bad. It must not be seen to injure character as it will be vicious. It must not be seen to injure the conscience as it would be criminal.
8. We humbly request Your Excellency to look into the matter and restore freedom to and the human rights of Sri Anand Krishna who is a good child of Mother Indonesia as he wants the pinnacle of glory for it in the comity of nations in all respects.
9. Positive early action in the matter and an acknowledgment of this communication shall be highly appreciated.
Thank Your Excellency!
Joint General Secretary
Vishva Hindu Parishad
1. Copy of case history of Sri Anand Krishna titled “Gross Violation of Human Rights and Unconstitutional handling of my case by the Judges of the Indonesian Supreme Court”
2. What Happened? A Mere Confession – No Evidence – Character Assassination through public media – Reveal the Injustice – Evidence available
3. Hunger Strike – Testimony of Sri Anand Krishna dated 13th March, 2011; Support Messages from prominent personages
4. About Komunitas Pecinta Anand Ashram
5. Lawyers fighting for Anand Krishna’s cause
6. Petition supporting Anand Krishna; Comments by prominent people from around the world in support of Anand Krishna.